We take tough cases, no matter who is on the other side or how powerful they may be.
Alf E. Sivertson
Having founded with his spouse and law partner, Michelle M. Barrette, the Law Office of Sivertson and Barrette, P.A. in 1981, Alf E. Sivertson has over 30 years of courtroom experience as a trial and appellate lawyer advocating for the rights of employees. Alf is committed to his client’s best interests and has fearlessly represented thousands of clients over the years against big business and institutions.
Alf focuses his trial work in the area of employment law representing employees on issues of discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, retaliation and employment contracts. In addition to his employment practice, Alf represents individuals in personal injury cases, before professional licensing boards and in general litigation matters.
Alf’s years of experience as a trial lawyer make him uniquely positioned to effectively represent individuals and employees.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 1979
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- B.A. – 1974
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Present
- National Employment Lawyers Association – Minnesota Chapter, Present
- Employment discrimination
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Workers’ Compensation retaliation
- FMLA retaliation
- Sexual harassment
- Personal Injury
- Nursing board representation
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota